Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gall Bladder

I went to the emergency room Friday night with pain in my back and under my rib cage. They took some blood (the girl really tore up my arm in the process) and found that my counts where extremely high. So they did a ultra sound and decided my Gall Bladder needed to come out right away. They kept me in the hospital until Sunday morning on IV fluids and a Liquid diet. (YUMMY) Just to calm everything down. Sunday morning around 7:30 am they put me under and did the surgery the next thing I remember it is 9:45 am and I am starting to wake up. They hospital staff was AMAZING they let me keep Leigha in my room until it was time for the surgery. So she only had to have 4 bottles on Sunday with Grandma Linda. I was released at 3:30 pm and was able to start feeding Leigha again around 9 pm.
Heather (Adam's girlfriend) feeding Leigha 1 of her 4 bottles she had to take on Sunday. She did VERY WELL.

This is what my stomach looks like. They poked 5 holes in me and took the Gall Bladder out the Belly Button. Weird huh? I feel like I have been kicked really hard but other than that I feel fine.

I have to be on a soft food diet for 2 weeks to see if my liver count will go down. If it is still high in 2 weeks the doctor will have to go back in to see if I have a stone lodged in the liver. I hope it goes down and I loose 15 lbs. in the process. ha ha

3 comments:

  1. That is weird. Huh. Glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy. Thanks for the goary pics!
    Awesome! Your in our prayers, I'm happy they caught it before it got REALLY dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see the updates! So glad you are ok and doing well! Only 1 more week!!

    ReplyDelete